The teaser video for Seventeen’s 11th EP was brought down on Sunday, said agency Pledis Entertainment.
The Beijing version of the trailer for “Svt Right Here,” one of the promotions for the EP “Seventeenth Heaven,” was uploaded on Saturday. It portrayed chamomile flowers bloom against the backdrop of the Great Wall of China. Some fans, however, pointed out that it was insensitive considering that China is strictly against content set against its cultural heritage.
The management firm apologized for lacking in understanding cultural diversity and added that it will pay more attention so that it could create content that can be enjoyed by everyone from different cultures and regions.
Meanwhile, the 13 members returned from overseas Sunday after shooting a music video for the upcoming album.
SHINee’s movie to premiere in November
- [Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
- [Our Museums] Ride through nation's train heritage at Korea Railroad Museum
- 공군 수송기 급파, 한·일 220명 텔아비브 탈출
- Mirae Asset seeks generational change in leadership reshuffle
- New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
- Eugene Group wins bid to acquire news channel YTN
- Drug crimes in Seoul most common in Itaewon, Gangnam, Hongdae: study
- S. Korea, US, Japan stage first